[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 3 : better late than never

  • From: Fredrik Holmqvist <fredrik.holmqvist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 14:24:55 +0200

2011/5/3 Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>  ACPI is effecting many many tickets in Trac IIRC, from AMD boot problems to
> usb functionality to battery states.

People tend to think it is a ACPI-issue as soon as Haiku don't boot correctly.
ACPI is in quite good shape. There are still issues, but many of these
problems are often not because of ACPI.
Most of them are from setting up interrupts and interrupt handling
which has nothing to do with ACPI other than that it is a lot easier
to do if you use ACPI's functionality.

So if we are to put up contracts I'd rather see them focus on driver
improvements, resource management and interrupt handling.

Btw if you have spare time and the skills to hack in these areas you
are needed. (You don't really need that much prior knowledge.)

/Fredrik Holmqvist, TQH