[haiku-development] Re: Alpha 3 : better late than never

  • From: Nickos V <tonestone57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 12:05:04 -0600

> Does anyone else think that adding an additional one or two weeks of
> exhaustive testing would be beneficial to the release?

Yes!!!  4 to 5 days minimum and 10 days maximum.  I prefer 7 days which gives
good amount to properly test release.
Quality of release is more important than getting it out a couple days earlier!
 What good is it to release few days early if you end up with buggy release?
Testing optional packages, applications, CLI programs and languages is very
important to make sure avoid any minor bugs.
Need to avoid regressions
like:https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7572#comment:22Drivesetup no longer allows
to initialize partition as BFS. ie, won't be able to install Haiku to disk
partition.
Or missing or incorrectly displayed languages
like:https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6194
And to avoid optional packages from breaking from either building incorrectly
(rushing) or making last minute code changes to
them:https://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/7534