[haiku-development] Re: Adding some new OptionalPackages?

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:27:48 +0200

scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Are there any objections to adding Paladin and/or BurnItNow as
> OptionalPacakges?  Perhaps putting Paladin into one of the existing
> Development groups or a new Development group?  BurnItNow still needs
> some more testing and feedback before I'd include it, but just putting
> the question out for now.
> And what about Ruby and Lua?  We have binaries of those
> (http://ports-space.haiku-files.org/index.php?directory=dev-lang),
> but
> they aren't available as OptionalPackages yet, should we add them?

I wouldn't mind more optional packages either, although they are still
no substitute to real package management :-)
In any case, I don't think Paladin should be part of the Development
group. Just let Paladin have a dependency on Development, such that
it's installed automatically if you choose to add Paladin.

Bye,
   Axel.