[haiku-development] Re: ATI Video Driver Source Code

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2009 09:13:00 +0200 CEST

Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have finally finished the ATI driver which supports the Mach64 and
> Rage128 chips.

Great! Don't you have commit access already? If not, I would propose
you to be added, if you want that.

> Overlays are not supported by this driver.  I might implement this
> support in the future if it is considered important under Haiku.

Hardware overlay is sort of mandatory on old chips in order to watch
videos. Not sure if that's what you would do with older machines with
these chips, though :-)

> Finally, the atimach64 driver currently in the source repository can
> be
> discarded since it supports only the 264VT2 chip.

Okay, good to know. Does that one support the V0 chips, or also only
newer ones?

Bye,
   Axel.