[haiku-development] Re: ATI Video Driver Source Code

  • From: Gerald Zajac <zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 21:37:00 -0400

Urias McCullough wrote:
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Gerald Zajac<zajacg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
   4757     "3D RAGE IIC, AGP"

Add this to the list of "Tested" chips...

Done.

Are there any specific tests you would like done, btw?

No, just testing all resolutions with various color depths and refresh rates is the only testing that I performed when I was testing the various chips.

I tested all resolutions in as many color depths as possible, the only
one I had trouble with was 1152x864x32bpp which seemed to be
generating a lot of weird flickering and artifact issues (it was only
at 60hz, btw). Let me know if you want a picture.

I don't think I need a picture since I think I know what are describing. I've had similar problems with a few of the Mach64 chips that I have tested (for example, chip ID 475A), and changing the color depth or refresh rate usually clears up the problem. This might be due to a clock parameter being slightly off; however, I'm not interested in digging into that can of worms again for chips this old.

The same resolution worked fine at 16bpp, and then resolutions up to
1920x1200x8bpp worked as well without problems.

Thanks for testing this driver.

Best regards,
Gerald