[haiku-development] Re: 3 months task for 4 students

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 12:18:57 -0700

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Marcin <haiku.developer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I represent a group of 4 student who would like to engage to Haiku Project
> for next 3 months.
> We are looking for tasks like:
> - Partition manager
> - Thread scheduler
> - Wifi, Firewire stack implementation
> - ICMP
> We prefer "bigger" task for this time. We are going to work as a team.
> I am waiting for feedback from our future product owner:)
>
> Please be tolerant. We are newbie on this list.
>
> HD

Here's the wiki page listing for our future features, this might be a good
starting point for picking a project or projects:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/FutureHaikuFeatures

For "More POSIX compatibility" it would be helpful to also update the POSIX
test suite to check it against the standards:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/61, there's a handful of open trac tickets
related to some of the places where Haiku is lacking various POSIX features.

You might also take a look at trac tickets 3,4 and 5, these related to some
PCI issues:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/3
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/4
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/5

You could almost make a project out of just attacking some of the older open
trac tickets, some of them can be rather challenging.
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/35

-scottmc