[haiku-development] Re: 3 months task for 4 students

  • From: Marcin <haiku.developer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 23:52:12 +0200

On 10/07/2009 06:04 AM, Michael Crawford wrote:
I haven't actually looked into it, but I seem to recall that the
FireWire code lacked a complete SBP-2 implementation.  That would be
needed to enable FireWire storage, as well as some fancy scanners.

If your students were wanting to work on that, I could give them some
guidance - I have some experience with SBP-2.

Serial Bus Protocol 2 is primarily used for transporting SCSI Command
Descriptor Blocks (CDBs) and their payload data over the FireWire bus.

Mike
After consideration, we think developing DriveSetup would be the most interesting task for us. We'd like to contact with somebody who could be our mentor and product owner - a person that would be able to define what exactly should be done and give us some support sometimes:)

On the other hand we could try to develop IP v 6 - mentor needed as well:)

Thanks for propositions:)