[haiku-depot-web] Re: Progress

  • From: Rene Gollent <anevilyak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 14:48:15 -0400

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 7:03 AM, Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * HPKR native parse to model objects in java w/ some automated testing
> * Initial API
>  - stubs and DTOs
>  - implementation of initial API
> * Initial persistence
>  - Apache Cayenne ORM model
>  - Automated database schema install and upgrade
>  - Schema + model objects
> * Part-done web interface for search and view packages
> * Infrastructure to populate the server database with packages from remote
> HPKR

Nice!

> Obviously lots of things not yet done.  I won't put the source into the
> shared GIT just yet.  Here is an early snapshot which I'll leave here for a
> couple of days;
>

> http://www.silvereye.co.nz/tmp/haikudepotserver-earlysnapshot-23oct2013.tgz

I'll try to find a chance to have a look this weekend, I've
unfortunately been rather busy myself lately due to work.

> I am happy to continue, but I do now need to confirm that the community will
> ultimately use this application-server/web project because I can't spend
> more time with the possibility of it not being used.  Let me know your
> thoughts.

I think it can safely be assumed that it will be used, since it will
ultimately power a lot of the information that the corresponding GUI
app on the Haiku side will display about a package, besides just the
metadata encoded into the hpkg itself.

> PS; Stephan; the API that is vended from it should give you a feel for how
> it might be to communicate with it from C++.  Let me know if you need any
> pointers.

I believe he's been having problems getting internet connectivity from
home since moving, so it may be a while before he's able to respond.

Regards,

Rene