[haiku-depot-web] Progress

  • From: Andrew Lindesay <apl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 00:03:51 +1300

Hi;

I've made some good progress thus far.  Here is what I have implemented;

* HPKR native parse to model objects in java w/ some automated testing
* Initial API
 - stubs and DTOs
 - implementation of initial API
* Initial persistence
 - Apache Cayenne ORM model
 - Automated database schema install and upgrade
 - Schema + model objects
* Part-done web interface for search and view packages
* Infrastructure to populate the server database with packages from remote HPKR

Obviously lots of things not yet done. I won't put the source into the shared GIT just yet. Here is an early snapshot which I'll leave here for a couple of days;

http://www.silvereye.co.nz/tmp/haikudepotserver-earlysnapshot-23oct2013.tgz

Please don't worry about the web interface appearance; it is a work-in-progress. There is a README.TXT at the top level that outlines how to get it going which I tested on a Debian 7 host.

I am happy to continue, but I do now need to confirm that the community will ultimately use this application-server/web project because I can't spend more time with the possibility of it not being used. Let me know your thoughts.

PS; Stephan; the API that is vended from it should give you a feel for how it might be to communicate with it from C++. Let me know if you need any pointers.

cheers.

--
Andrew Lindesay