[haiku-appserver] Re: getting a clone of the current Accelerant

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 18:36:04 +0100

On 2005-12-01 at 17:47:10 [+0100], Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > does anybody here know how to obtain a clone of the currently used
> > (by the
> > app_server) accelerant?
>
> While there is no way to know which graphics card the app_server is
> currently using (AFAIK, at least there is no official way).
> However, you could have a look at your hard drive to know how you can
> do it:
> /boot/optional/sample-code/drivers/graphics/test_harness

When I compiled and ran it, it froze up my system in a way that reminded me
of the good old C=64 cracked games days... or more recently the days of a
more instable Haiku app_server. :-) But I think this is exactly what I
need. Cool, thanks! I'm thinking about making a "perfect" simulation of my
new clipping stuff, involving BDirectWindow and direct banging of the
Accelerant :-) completely avoiding any app_server communication. Unless
someone tells me to take it easy.

Best regards,
-Stephan