[haiku-appserver] Re: getting a clone of the current Accelerant

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-appserver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 12:14:42 +0100 CET

Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx> wrote:
> I hope it's doable. But since the ATI driver works with
> BWindowScreen, I
> suppose it's accelerant is clonable in general. I just need to narrow
> down
> that crash in "harness" and go from there. Since I worked out
> scrolling
> too, I'm tempted though to start with integration. At least in a
> branch.
> Gives me a chance to learn that part of svn too.

Dunno, since the app_server is moving along fast, integrating your work
in a branch might not be such a good idea.
I think we can probably rather live with some outage in app_server
functionality?!

> > > Ok I'm there too, just mention my nick. :-)
> > Apparently, that didn't work out - do you find the time tomorrow
> > during
> > the day?
> > In any case, I'll be there :-)
> Yes, I hope so. (I needed to reboot to Windows around ten. Hanna and
> discovered, how helpful Skype really is... :-) Have you read a bit
> over the
> code yet?

Does that mean Hanna has a proper internet connection now? :-)
I only had a brief look over the code - I think I am familiar with the
overall direction, but I'm pretty weak when it comes to the details.
I especially like to get rid of drawing/rebuilding stuff in the layers,
and just pass updateRegions around - that's what I started to do as
well in the app_server at some places.

Bye,
   Axel.