[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Lights/Temp/etc. push notices.

  • From: Chad Elish <chadisrad@xxxxxx>
  • To: "hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 12:03:10 -0500

If you decide to opt in, there are a few ways we can setup these features on
your device. Signing up for the email list, setting up push, and following the
@hackpgh_shop twitter feed.

Check them out and find out which option is right for you.

Email List: (This will send you a bunch of emails)
1. Subscribe to hackpgh-shop on freelists www.freelists.org/list/hackpgh-shop
with your email address.
2. Enjoy email notifications!

Push notifications:
This is setup using an service called Prowl. This will work on iOS and Android
devices. Downside it's 3 bucks from the App Store.
Setup goes as follows.
1. Create an account on their web site. www.prowlapp.com
2. Create an API Key. This will give you a key and an email address.
3. Download the app for your mobile device.
4. Subscribe to hackpgh-shop on freelists www.freelists.org/list/hackpgh-shop
with your prowl email address.
5. When you get your first notification... Don't Panic! You can you can confirm
the subscription from another email account.
6. Enjoy push notifications!
Side note: When researching this I ran into another site called pushingbox.com
this may be cool for other projects.

Twitter:
1. Sign on to twitter.
2. Do a find for @hackpgh_shop and choose follow.
3. Enjoy twitter notifications!

If you run into any issues please let me know!

Cheers!
-Chad
Sent from my iPad