[hackpgh-discuss] In effect: RFID Phase 2

  • From: Doug Philips <doug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 13:06:57 -0500

And Lo it has come to pass...
The RFID system is now exiting BETA and is our primary shop access control. As per the meeting last night (and long overdue due in general), the lock box combo (and the lock box itself) have been changed and are now for emergency shop access only.

Emergency shop access means failure of the RFID system.

NOT Emergency shop access:
I forgot my card
I forgot to pay my dues and my card was shut off
I lost my card and/or key
"Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on our part" -amusing and true!

We're all adults here, so do not put yourself in a position where accidental lack of shop access will cause you harm.

New members are issued cards/keys upon completion of their induction process. Grandfathered members should contact info@ to arrange to get young again, I mean, to get cards/keys if they need/want them.

-=Doug