[hackpgh-discuss] Re: [hackpgh-discuss] Re: [hackpgh-discuss] Re: [hackpgh-discuss] Re: [hackpgh-discuss] Re: [hackpgh-discuss] Friday, March 8th – Artemis Spaceship Simulator

  • From: Adam Longwill <adam.longwill@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 11:30:41 -0500

If we are going to upgrade to two screens... we're going to need a bigger
boat, server wise. I know that jaypee requested help for installing artemis
on his linux lappy. I would be more than happy to use my 2850 running
ubuntu 12.04 as a more powerful artemis server but I don't know two things:
1: how serious the graphics abilities will hold back the server. It has 16
mb (yes, mb) of graphics ram. It doesnt necessarily need to be used
visually, in fact, we can still use the current artemis server as the
captains screen and have a captains station set up in future games.
2: how to set up any of that stuff in linux. So I would need some
assistance on that.

I will try to get in the shop friday so if anyone knows how to get all that
going I can set up an account for you on the old girl.

Thanks!
Adam