[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Artemis

  • From: Ed Paradis <legomaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 16:23:23 -0400

Vacuum-forming is better for pieces larger than most game pieces.  You
could make stuff like, say, the "terrain" bits used on table top
miniature games like Warhammer 40K.

That isn't to say we couldn't come up with some technique to make
smaller parts with it.

My first inclination is that making game pieces would be better suited
to some form of molding/casting.  I want to say I saw a tutorial
somewhere of using the lost wax method to make game pieces.  I bet the
modella could be used to CNC things out of wax.

Ed