[hackpgh-discuss] Re: Artemis

  • From: Doug Philips <douglas.philips@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hackpgh-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 22:45:28 -0400

On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 16:31, Matt Stultz <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The vacuformer is good for anything that doesn't have any overhangs. For
> instance the chin on a knight chess piece would be an issue but if you
> designed everything smallest on the top largest on the bottom you would be
> fine.

Or vacuformed it upside down?

I mentioned the vacu-foo because its been an active project and it sounded
as if making stuff with it was relatively quick/easy....

So we could make icehouse pieces pretty easily. :-) But they're kinda
boring...

> We could also work on other ways of casting or forming things. Resin, Spin
> casting, ...

 I was hoping we had something already (or almost already) ready to go so we
could do games w/ make-stuff too.

I guess the one thing I still don't understand about vacuforming is how
small of an item (or an array of items) you can realistically make... 1"
cubes, 3" cubes, just to get a sense for what capabilities we have...

-D