[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] guide.chat - punishments

  • From: "JunePorter" <june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lyn Rudge" <b00kworm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 10:30:06 -0000

Hi Lynn
I didn't know that Derek Marks was at Lickey Grange for a while, heaven help
you all with a mad man like him. I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did at
wavertree. His wife was nice, so how did she put up with his bad temper.
No, I wasn't punished at secondary school, and I must admit I was a lot happier
there. I got my music lessons back, and that meant everything to me, I didn't
care what else I did as long as I still had the music. I didn't like the maths,
that was awful, we had a maths teacher who delighted in hitting everyone with a
ruler, though I don't think I ever got it. We also had a teacher that didn't
want to teach, she was a lazy individual. She had a go at me for not going home
for a half term holiday, and showed me up about it in front of my classmates. I
think I got her into trouble with the headmistress, but she went soon after.
Well, that's enough for now of my schooldays, do you have any good memories?
kind regards
June.