[guide.chat] In Reply To: [guide.chat] guide.chat - punishments

  • From: "JunePorter" <june.porter9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Lyn Rudge" <b00kworm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <guide.chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:17:06 -0000

Hi Lynn
It must have been his Irish charm that got him the promotion. Yes, there is a
lot they wouldn't get away with these days, they would have been had up for
abuse, no doubt.
Even though I lived half-an-hour away from the school I didn't go home for the
weekends, as my mam had enough problems coping with eleven of us, and me as
well. Yes, they do have mobility officers, and rehab officers going into
schools now. I know my friend Josie used to teach people when they were at
school.
Yes, I suppose boarding school did make you stronger, and you had to stand on
your own two feet to a certain extent.
kind regards
June.