[greenbuild] Re: celotex

  • From: Genevieve DeClerck <gad14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 10:15:24 -0400

Thanks Jon and Mike for your comments.
I think I'll abandon the idea of having celotex under the siding.
Moisture problems seem inevitable.
One thing I didn't mention is that I have an exterior wall with
celotex already attached (over osb and tyvek). Rather than trash it,
I'd like to salvage it and thought it could reused by installing it
under new drywall in the interior of the house (all new drywall
required in all perimeter walls). Any opinions about putting celotex
under drywall? It seems like it should be OK since it can act as a
vapor barrior.
...On the topic of vapor barriors, I've read that a high quality
primer paint can act as an adequate vapor barrior.. what do you think?
Thanks,
Genevieve