[greenbuild] celotex

  • From: Genevieve DeClerck <gad14@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greenbuild@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 13:52:46 -0400

In my readings of ways to improve energy efficiency on a house I came across a
few mentions of using
  polyisocyanurate foam core panels (e.g. Celotex) on the exterior of house
under the siding... the
argument being that having a thermal barrier like this reduces thermal bridging
through the studs.
I'm considering using this material on my old house which will be fully
re-sided this summer. The
proposed idea is to sheath the house as normal with OSB, then cover that with
Tyvek, then fasten
celotex panels to the studs, then finally apply pine clapboards to the studs
(if we can find them!).
Does anyone have any experience with this? Any info, opinions, advice would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Genevieve