[gptalk] WMI Question

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:42:32 -0700

I am jumping into some situations where I am going to need to get started
with WMI scripting. For example, we have a GPO that sets XP Firewall
policies and it looks like it is causing problems with our Vista machines
and their firewalls.

I thought this would be a good time to get started with WMI and make this
policy only apply to XP machines. However, I am not sure where to begin.
Not sure if this is the place or not, but was wondering if someone can point
me to some links on how to get started with scripting for WMI?

Appreciate it.

JW