[gptalk] Re: WMI Question

  • From: "Jason Williams" <jasonwilliams74@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:28:35 -0700

Wow....lots of power here...lots to learn as well. :)

Just playing around when creating a WMI, what should the NAMESPACE be? Right
now, I show: root\CIMv2

Very cool stuff. I like...just need to start learning this. :)

Cheers,

Jason

On 7/18/07, Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF <
Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 You can also use LIKE statements in your WMI filter. The following would
work for what you are trying to do.

SELECT * FROM Win32_OperatingSystem WHERE Caption LIKE '%Windows XP%'

For more information on WMI filters, you can check out the following
Microsoft HOWTO. It breaks down the process and has some related links you
can visit to learn more about WMI.

HOWTO: Leverage Group Policies with WMI
Filters<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555253>

Regards,