[gptalk] Re: Lost MSI

  • From: "Delaney, Doug" <doug.delaney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 14:16:11 -0500

%SystemRoot%\Installer (a hidden folder) and possibly subfolders.

If you right-click on the Windows Explorer columns (must be in the
details view) in the details pane (Name, Size, Type, Date Modified,
Attributes), then select More... you may be able to add columns for
subject and title, which will then display the friendly names.  If you
cannot select those columns, the file properties, summary tab will show
you the friendly names.

Also, self-healing references the LastUsedSource from the Windows
Installer Registry entries.

Doug Delaney
EDS - Integration Engineering-GM
GM Desktop Engineering
1075 W. Entrance Dr., MS 2B, Cube 2130
Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Cell: 248-210-4973
Lab: 248-365-9187
Tel: 248-754-7917
Pg: 248-870-0306 pager
Mail: Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx <mailto:Doug.Delaney@xxxxxxx>
Note: The information in this email is intended solely for the
addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited.