[gptalk] Re: HP D530 hanging on applying computer settings

  • From: "Bala P" <baluspage@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 16:45:32 +0530

Also, you can enable these registry values for troubleshooting specifically,
all events get logged in the event viewer.
The link for the complete document :
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windows2000serv/maintain/featusability/systeman.mspx

I believe it holds good for XP machines also.

An excerpt related that from the document,
Configuring Troubleshooting Options

You can add verbose logging to a number of events trapped by Windows 2000.
Verbose logging means that Windows 2000 presents more than the normal amount
of information. The details logged are stored in the event logs, which are
accessible via the Event Viewer. You can specify verbose logging
individually for the three different types of events, or you can make one
Registry change that specifies verbose logging for all. Table 6-1 shows the
types of events that can be logged with extra detail. The table also shows
the entry whose value should be set to 1 to enable verbose logging.

Root Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Key: Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Diagnostics
Data Type: REG_DWORD

*Table 6-1 Event Logging Keys*
 Logging Option Key

Verbose log all types of events

RunDiagnosticLoggingGlobal

Verbose log group policy events only

RunDiagnosticLoggingGroupPOlicy

Verbose log remote boot events

RunDiagnosticLoggingIntelliMirror

Verbose log group policy events for application installations

RunDiagnosticLoggingAppDeploy

~ Bala

On 3/29/07, Collingwood.Mary <Mary.Collingwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Hello Everyone,

I am not sure at all that this is a GPO problem but since the computers
are hanging at applying the computer group policy settings, I am being
charged to fix the problem.  Has anyone out there experienced this? Do you
have any ideas for me? I already downloaded the latest NIC driver thinking
that was the problem but it did not fix it.  Also, of course, it doesn't
happen on all of the machines.  It does happen on a large enough number
that it is critical to get a resolution.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

*******Mary Collingwood*

We Energies - IT Services

Client Device Integration