[gptalk] Re: HP D530 hanging on applying computer settings

  • From: Neil Berry <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 15:49:06 +0100

There is a very good chance it isn't related to GPOs - often the last thing left on screen before a problem happens in my experience. But why not exclude from all GPOs to rule them out or in ?

Also start in safe mode in case a device driver problem and check the event viewer to see if any services have failed to start.

Good luck
Neil

Collingwood.Mary wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I am not sure at all that this is a GPO problem but since the computers are hanging at applying the computer group policy settings, I am being charged to fix the problem. Has anyone out there experienced this? Do you have any ideas for me? I already downloaded the latest NIC driver thinking that was the problem but it did not fix it. Also, of course, it doesn’t happen on all of the machines. It does happen on a large enough number that it is critical to get a resolution.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

***Mary Collingwood*

We Energies - IT Services

Client Device Integration