[gptalk] Re: Group Policy to set local administrator password

  • From: "Nelson, Jamie R Contr 72 CS/SCBAF" <Jamie.Nelson.ctr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:55:18 -0500

Matthew,

I have done it before with a computer startup VBScript. However, for the
reasons you spoke of, I only allowed the "Domain Computers" security
group Read/Apply Group Policy permissions on the GPO (instead of
Authenticated Users) so that a user wouldn't be able to browse to SYSVOL
and look at the script's source code. I also encrypted the VBS file
(although it is easily broken) for a little added security.

It worked like a charm for me.

Regards,

//signed//
Jamie R Nelson