[gptalk] Group Policy to set local administrator password

  • From: "Johnson, Matthew" <mjohnson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:25:17 -0400

Is anyone using Group Policy to deploy a script/batch file which sets
the local administrator password?

I am not, but I am considering it.  My concern is that the password
would be clear text in the script.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Matthew Johnson

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This electronic message contains information from
Fisher-Titus Medical Center and
may be protected health information or other confidential and privileged
information under law.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named
above.
If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or telephone at
419/668-8101.