[gps-talkusers] Re: new user map problem

  • From: Chris Grabowski <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 10:26:35 -0400

Hi,
when you say file management are you talking about from within gps
pressing O for GPS options, then space down to "map and poi folder"
and hit enter.
steps below.
1.  press o from within gps program.
2. space down to "map and poi folder" and press enter.
3. press C for compact flash.
4.  at the foldername prompt you can 1.  type maps and press enter or
2.  space down till you get to maps and press enter two times.

Once you do this the new maps from the "maps" folder should load.
Hope this helps.
Chris
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:38:15 -0500, "Judy W" <judyw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I live in Texas and when I got my machine, I used the Texas maps in the maps
>folder to do a virtual look around.
>
>Then, I went to file management and changed to the western maps on my
>compact flash card. All went well and I was able to explore before my trip
>to Washington.
>
>The trouble started when I wanted to go back to maps folder and use my Texas
>maps. I chose the compact flash card and chose maps, but my Texas maps won't
>load. I still get more than 30 maps in the western part of the States. I can
>change to the docs and other folders, but I can't access the eastern maps
>either. I am stuck in the west. Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Judy
>

>__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
>database 3281 (20080718) __________

>http://www.eset.com

Chris Grabowski
- Customer Support and Product testing
Sendero Group
"The GPS company." Also, distributors of the mPower, PK, Victor
Stream, Voice Sense, Braille Sense, KNFB Mobile Reader, Talks, Miniguide and ID
Mate

Phone: 888-757-6810 EXT. 113
Email: chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx