[gps-talkusers] Re: THe earthmate:

  • From: Michael May <MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:27:39 -0700

I don't think anything about GPS is reliable. Some things are definitely
more reliable than others. The BrailleNote GPS tells you when WAAS is
acquired by saying, "Very Good." This doesn't necessarily mean you have 3
meter accuracy. WAAS varies too.

On the other hand, information you get from sighted passers by isn't
exactly reliable either. It is a matter of perspective. I am optomistic
that coverage and accuracy will only get better and what we have now is great.

>If we could reliably get 3 meter accuracy, I could live with that.

Michael G. May

CEO Sendero Group

Developers and distributors of BrailleNote GPS
Now distributing BrailleNote, VoiceNote, Miniguide, The Tissot Silen-T
tactile watch and the ID Mate, bar code reader

MikeMay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.SenderoGroup.com

(530) 757-6800, Fax (530) 757-6830, Mobile (530) 304-0007
Sendero Group, LLC
1118 Maple Lane, Davis, CA 95616-1723, USA

Latitude, 38 33 9.239 North
Longitude, 121 45 40.145 West