[gps-talkusers] Re: Small Speaker for Braillenote GPS

  • From: Alex Hall <mehgcap@xxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:35:13 -0500

I saw two interesting options at http://www.thinkgeek.com. The first is a speaker "the size of a hen's egg" that is powered, but recharges via USB so there is no need to replace batteries, just plug it into a usb port. It is a single speaker. The second is a pair of earphones that clip onto your ear lobe instead of covering your ear. They vibrate your ear so it is like listening to headphones but your actual ear is still free to listen to your environment. I cannot remember how these are powered, or if they are at all. The single, rechargeable speaker is called a mini capsule speaker and I am not sure what the earphone things are called, but after the capsule speaker's description you should see a section called "you may also like" and those should be a link in that section. HTH and good luck.

Have a great day,
Alex