[gps-talkusers] Re: Small Speaker for Braillenote GPS

  • From: "Howard Kaufman" <wa9top@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:31:37 -0600

Matt, if you have a braillenote I will assume you are a braille reader. I put my braille note PK over my right shoulder and across my body so it hangs under my left arm. This accomplishes two things. 1. I t prevents swinging since one strap is in front and the other is in back. 2. I can lift my left hand and read the display when it changes, or I issue a command. The function of the speech, is to tell me to read the display. This way I keep both ears clear for travelling, and know what I need from the GPS. The important announcements are in a different voice, being pre-recorded files, so they are distinguishable from the operatiional chatter. I am sure other people will give you earphone information, but this way takes advantage of the braille display. If a person isn't going to use the display, get a voice note and save the money.