[gps-talkusers] Re: Post codes and zip codes

  • From: "Richard Myers" <dkmyers28@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:03:00 +0900

Hello, Angelo,
The Garmin map set is not designed to be used by blind people.  I have tried
JAWS and HAL on the map set (US Roads and Recreation), with no results in
JAWS, and a little results in HAL.  Perhaps if I had worked harder with HAL,
it might have worked a little better.  I just did not have the time to do a
complete workup on it.  I think the main problem was that I do not have
enough experience with either screen reader to know what I was doing.

I am going on vacation in a week or two, and may have time to do some more
work on the problem.

Cheers

Dick Myers

From: "Angelo Sonnesso" <asonnesso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Post codes and zip codes
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:52:15 -0500

Can the Garmin map set be used by a blind person?