[gps-talkusers] Re: Post codes and zip codes

  • From: "Chris Jenkins" <saveup@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:55:32 -0500

Hello Richard.

If I am in virtual mode I would rather put in the five digit zip code for
the place that I am going than to have to put in the city, and state.
assuming that I knew the zip code.

From: "liam" <liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Post codes and zip codes
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 09:11:33 -0000

Mike,

This is where I show my lack of world knowledge.

Isn't a post code the same as a zip code? Or can the zip code be
calculated in some way? I'm puzzled as to why the use of post codes
should be so difficult given that it appears to be standard, for the
systems being sold in the UK at at the moment.  Is the post code not
held within the map data set?

Regards - Liam

(8):[(8)