[gps-talkusers] Re: Lost Card with Maps

  • From: "Kevin Chao" <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:03:41 -0700

Sharonda,

I personally use a SanDisk 8GB CompactFlash card that contains the maps for
the entire United States along with the Oxford Concise Dictionary and
Thesaurus. I personally chose this size of card because I want to have the
ability to just switch directories when traveling and don't want to have to
go through the hastle of downloading and swapping out maps, this is not a
difficult task at all. I also have the dictionary files on a single card, so
I don't have to swap cards in the case of the PK or have more than one card
inserted into the mPower. I think that you can find this size card for
roughly $80. This is a major discount compared to what it was a year ago or
even a few  years ago, I think it was in the range of several hundreds of
dollars.

Kevin