[gps-talkusers] Re: Lost Card with Maps

  • From: "Robert" <robertantunez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 03:00:52 -0700

How much did you pay for it?
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharonda Greenlaw" <sbgreenlaw@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <gps-talkusers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 2:57 AM
Subject: [gps-talkusers] Re: Lost Card with Maps

Though my card was way overpriced at Best Buy, I got a 4gb yesterday.
Today, I w begin the tedious job of re-downloading everything all ov}
again. I miss my GPS and am looking forward to doing my travels again!
Maybe later on, I'll buy an 8GB. Thank you all so much for all the help.
Sharonda

On 10/21/07, Kevin Chao <g.unit89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sharonda,

A 4GB card will be able to hold about half of the entire United States.

I just loaded Arizona, New York, and Michigan along with the GNIS, RMF, and
Collective User POIs and it came out to about 640MB. So if you want, it
would be possible to load all of these maps onto a 1GB card and you will
have over 300MB free for storage. Let's say if you want to load the audio
tutorial and documentation, then that would add about another 60MB, but this
will still leave you over 200MB worth of storage.
Kevin