[gpodder] Re: gPodder 3.1 development status update

  • From: Tom Potts <karaken12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 09:32:25 +0000

On 10 March 2012 08:31, Thomas Perl <m@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 09:17:02AM +0000, Tom Potts wrote:
> > Hi, all.  I'm just piping up to say that I've been working on the sync as
> > well.  I've been working on getting a framework in place for iPod sync,
> but
> > I haven't been working on it long, so my code is far from complete.
>
> Anything to share already? Have you uploaded the code somewhere?

No, nothing that's ready to put out there just yet.  I'll keep cracking
away, though, just for my own benefit.

> > Thomas, you mention that it would probably be best to have sync
> > functionality as an extension -- are there any docs around about writing
> > extensions?  Or is it just best to look at the existing extensions?
>
> Right now, we don't have any formal docs for writing extensions, but
> basically it's the same as the old "hooks" mechanism, just with a
> different name (which will make more sense to non-technical users) and
> some advanced features (GUI configurability).
>
> That's okay, most of it seems pretty straightforward.  The problem I'm
having at the moment is finding a way of altering the GTK model to include
an icon showing whether a given podcast is on the device or not.  This is
easy enough when altering model.py, but at the moment I can't see a neat
way of doing what I want using extensions.  Do you have any suggestions,
off the top of your head?

Thanks a lot,
Tom