[gpodder] Re: Getting started on adding back sync support for iPod

  • From: Thomas Perl <th.perl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 12:58:45 +0200

Hi Joseph,

On May 27, 2013, at 8:08 PM, Joseph Wickremasinghe <jnwickremasinghe@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I've been working on iPod / iPhone suport for gPodder, and been able to sync
> from gPodder 3 to a first-generation iPod Touch using the ifuse library. :)

Sounds good!

> I would say that the code is ready to test but my concern is that I've only
> got one device to test it on. What works for a first-generation iPod Touch
> may not work on other devices. I'd like to have others test this and give me
> feedback, preferably before we merge with the master branch. However, I
> suppose we could always merge as an 'alpha' feature and let people try it at
> their own risk.

We should definitely merge it into the master branch for "alpha" testing
whenever you think it is ready. We have some users running gPodder out of Git,
and I guess it's the audience we want to have for first tests (they can deal
with bugs and report problems in the bug tracker). After some time for testing,
we can do another 3.x release from the master branch with the feature included.

> Additionally, I've written a blog entry on iPod support but haven't published
> it yet, in case you wanted to look over it beforehand (it's saved as a draft
> in blog.gpodder.org). Let me know and I'll publish it, or feel free to hit
> 'Publish' yourself :)

Feel free to just publish it (and future articles) without asking, we can
always edit it later :)

Good work on getting device sync back into 3.x so far, seeing iPod support back
is really great, keep up the good work!