[gpodder] Getting started on adding back sync support for iPod

  • From: Joseph Wickremasinghe <jnwickremasinghe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gpodder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:13:33 -0700 (PDT)

So, I finally got my hands on an iPod and will be able to start looking into
adding back iPod device sync support to gpodder.

My general plan will be to adapt the feature from the gpodder 2.20 release.
However, I'm totally unfamiliar with using iPods with Linux computers. I tried
to sync some feeds from gpodder 2.20 to my iPod & couldn't even figure out how
to set it up correctly in gpodder's device preferences. Then there appears to
be some 'ifuse' application that allows users to treat their iPod as a
filesystem type device - I don't know if that's needed?

In short I need some assistance on how people were using gpodder to sync with
their iPods so I can replicate that set up and start working on the feature.
Suggestions, anyone?

Perhaps Thomas, you could add me as a blog author after all, so I can
communicate updates or solicit feedback to the end users that way?  :)

thanks,

Joseph