[gpodder-devel] GUI Proposal

  • From: thp at perli.net (Thomas Perl)
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 16:19:38 +0100

Hello, Rafael!

On Sat, 2008-02-02 at 12:51 -0200, Rafael Proen?a wrote:
> I've applied Thomas' patch and it looks and feels great!
>
> Now about the Downloads tab, in order to merge it with the Podcasts
> tab and put the status (% of download/finished) into the Available
> Episodes treeview I suggest this solution:
> http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1654/gpodderalllocalepsmp6.png
>
> The two buttons up there are two radiobuttons acting like
> togglebuttons (when All is active Local is not and vice-versa). When
> the All is active would show all episodes in the available treeview,
> and when Local is active would show only the downloaded files.
>
> What do you guys think about it?

I would like to leave the downloads tab as it is currently. It is much
work code-wise to change the interface for displaying downloads. You can
try, however, and send in a working patch for others to review and
comment on.

The way the code is now, you would have to go deep into the libpodcasts
code and change the tree model creation functions to somehow work
together to provide a single (filtered?) list of episodes. Have a look
at how it's currently implemented in libpodcasts and send any questions
you have to me :)

I'd be glad to see a patch, although I believe it's much work atm.

As for the other changes, I'll wait for some more comments on the
mailing list and then make a last review and commit it. Unfortunately, I
don't have the time to implement any more feature requests, but I'll
gladly accept patches :)

As you see on the roadmap[1], I'll be working on the "Expert
configuration window" next week.

[1] http://gpodderwiki.jottit.com/roadmap