[gmpi] Re: Reqs draft

  • From: Paul Davis <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:11:47 -0500

>On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 06:58:04PM +0100, Vincent Burel wrote:
>> we can make a kind of registry for each user... so each user will have to
>> install plug-in (this is boring) ... usually administrator install softwares
>> and give access rights to users... the users install/de-install nothing.
>
>Yeah, we could.  It is a possibility.  Your assertion that users don't
>install things like plugins doesn't jive with the reality of Linux, though.

its not really "the reality of linux". just go visit any academic
institution with graduate students. asking them to always go talk to
the syadmin to install plugins, especially if they are grad students
focused on audio software ... ridiculous, annoying and totally
contrary to any sense of a "multiuser" system i've ever seen.

--p