[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - ramped events

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:33:15 +0000

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 08:43:35 -0700, Mike Berry wrote:

> Tim Hockin wrote:
> >On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 10:00:57AM +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> >>Req 26:
> >>GMPI must allow connection of any real valued control output to any real
> >>valued
> >>control input.
>
>       Despite following the threads, I am a bit unclear on what this
>       means. Does it mean that hosts must allow any control output to connect
> any control input? No matter what their configuration? If this is not what
> it means, then we should change the wording, because that is what it
> reads as.

Only 'real' valued controls - eg. float on desktops. Ints, enums, strings
and so on are all distinct types and dont have to be interoperable.
Were using 'real' in the mathematical sense here (thick R, the set of
rational and irrational numbers).

The possible distinction is beween real valued cntrols that parse ramps
and those that dont.