[gmpi] Re: Reqs 3.8 Events - ramped events

  • From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:53:36 +0000

On Mon, Jan 12, 2004 at 01:49:05 +0100, David Olofson wrote:
> BTW, some kind of bandwidth hint for controls could be useful, for
> ramped/non-ramped converters, as well as other things. That's one
> thing control outputs might want to know about, if they want to be
> smart, instead of just doing what the user tells them to.

I dont klike this kind of overspecification - if the reciever cant handle
the volume of events it should just deciomate, if the send cant send
enough, then it cant send enough. Generally the rate of control outs is
goverend by the semantics of the data (eg. continuous pitch data form eg.
a pitch tracker requires a certain update rate to be useful).

Having bandwidth hints on the other end just confuses matters and doesnt
really help.