[geocentrism] Re: women

  • From: "Cheryl B." <c.battles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:22:35 -0500

Women today who seek to be "priests" in the OT sense, and men too for that
matter, are seeking a position that was abolished upon the crucifixion of
Christ, when the veil was torn asunder, and from that moment all believers
("brethren" meaning all believers not just men) could approach the mercy
seat, men and women, anyone, as long as they came believing, in the name of
Jesus.  We don't need any priest on earth, for Jesus is our priest, our
mediator, and the Scripture says he is our ONLY mediator between God and
man.

[Heb. 10:18-22: Now where remission of these is, there is NO MORE OFFERING
for sin.  Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by
the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecreated for
us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest
over the hosue of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance
of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies
washed with pure water.  Let us hold fast the profession of our faith
without wavering; for he is faithful that promised...

So don't worry -- I'm not trying to horn in on the priest business.  And if
women are forbidden to be priests, why have the Catholics made Mary into a
priest, a mediator to God for the people?

Logic?