[geocentrism] dopp;er...

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 16:51:50 +1000

I am not going to put my knowledge up agains a true scientist, Not that is
unless I think he be in error.

Steve said,
In sound you're dealing with
> pitch, in light you're dealing with spectral shift...two different things

Well I dont know about light exactly but if it is the same animal as RF
waves, then I have to say that the spectrum is made up of sinesoidal
frequencies, as is sound, even if square waves, which are really a mix of
sinesoidal harmonics and fundamental frequencies.

If there were to be any factors that would alter the mathmatics for
calculating doppler, I woild put up first, that the EMR waves are an
electrical phenonomen whereas sound is a mechanical one.

What ever the parameters surrounding the different forms are, it still
remains clear to me, that the basic principle as it pertains to the effect
of doppler are the same.

I meant to say the same thing to Mike or Alan in regard to their weak
response over my explanation of aberration. I posted the four main types of
aberration in optics/astronomy, and the only difference which gave them
their names was the application of the same principle of operation.

Philip.

Subject: [geocentrism] Fw: Re: Fw: Airy and the telescope...

Subject: Re: [geocentrism] Re: Fw: Airy and the telescope...
 I would point out that if there were an aether, the doppler shift