[geocentrism] Re: Trinity

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:18:07 -0800

-----Original Message-----

From: joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:50:53 +1000

but you cannot make Christ out to be a liar by claiming that my taking his words as they are recorded is wrong because it does not fit in with your three-gods idea.  Neville..

but Neville there is but One God..  three persons..not three gods.   If that is a conundrum, it is meant to be one. Jesus said, I and the father are one..John 10-30.   1 John 5-7

Yes, but Philip, you now do have to consider contextual argument. Does Christ not pray that you and I (and Jack and ... ) may be one? Just as he and his God are one?

If Jesus were God he would not say "I and the father are one," but rather, "I am God."   "And the father" is most definitely indicating a separate, distinct entity.

Furthermore, Christ teaches us that "God is a spirit and must be worshipped in spirit and in truth." Christ was not a spirit when he said this, but was flesh and blood.

Where does Christ tell anyone to worship him?

Neville.

7 And there are Three who give testimony in heaven, the Father, the Word, and

the Holy Ghost. And these three are one.

Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 6:17 AM
Subject: [geocentrism] Re: Trinity

Jack,

It seems like my efforts are wasted in replying to you. Point number 1, below, makes it clear that Jesus' straightforward statement is not, under any stretch of the imagination, taken out of context. "I am going now to your father and my father, to my God and your God." He could not have made this simpler if he had taken a week to word it. You are holding fast to the trinity idea, as Christians do, but you cannot make Christ out to be a liar by claiming that my taking his words as they are recorded is wrong because it does not fit in with your three-gods idea.

You haven't answered the question about pork, which was, if I remember correctly, why do you eat it?

Neville.

Get Free 5GB Email – Check out spam free email with many cool features!
Visit http://www.inbox.com/email to find out more!