[geocentrism] Re: The speed of light

  • From: geocentric@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:42:20 +0100

The idea of physical "constants" changing over time is am interesting
one.  I think the article missed an important point though.  The theory
of relativity does not depend on c being a certain value, only on it
being the same for every observer.  It may turn out that it has changed
slowly over time but relativity would hold over small enough time scales
where c hadn't changed significally.

<day dreaming>Maybe we'll discover that general relativity is a special
case of an even more beautiful theory that gives us much more insight
into cosmology</day dreaming>

Regards,
Mike.