[geocentrism] Re: Point a) - the ether

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 08:58:34 +1000

Response to RB here copy forwarded.

Phillip has chosen not to post my 4/28/08 response to his 4/28/08 forum postl –
so see attached. RB

Sorry, but I had not forwarded what I considered a side discussion on just what
was the nature of the EM and GI ethers. I was waiting a further clarification
first.. However Robert has given that here.

"There is an electromagnetic aether(EM) and a gravito-inertial(GI) aether.   Is
it a mystery which one would propagate light – an electromagnetic wave?  "

I see no need for this presumption. Gravity, inertia and the electrical fields
(electrostatic and magnetic) can be properties of the one aether.  No one can
even speculate on what the Aether is. Aspden gave it electrical properties, but
that is pure speculation till someone proves it by duplicating his theoretical
experiments..  He also gave it inertial properties by the way.

Also  I  do not follow Roberts explanation of EM propagation especially in
mediums other than a vacuum .

But thenRobert said, "Atoms in solids like Lucite and quartz aren’t free to
move with [Robert B] GI aether, but are bound to their average lattice
positions. Transparent solids are thus eliminated as effective aether media.

"aether media " Whats this?  [Robert B] detecting  [Robert B] material capable
of detecting the GI aether by being free to move with it.   And what atoms move
with the aether? [Robert B] All those in the path of the GI aether

I do not follow any of these theories, and can find no reference of a similar
view, even in GWW.  I believe that even in a fixed insulator particles vibrate
to transfer wave motion. Aether or no aether. EVEN in a crystal lattice.
Dielectric strength or permeability? I forget..

Then , this which I may have held back pending....

As regards, "
e.g. The speed of EMR in distilled water is 1/9  or  0.1111etc of the speed in
the vacuum/aether.

[Robert B]  Whoa…. Where’s this from?  N for water is ~  1.5    or 2/3 of c.

I got this straight from the ARRL handbook, 13th Edition 1977. Chapter 1 one
Wave Propagation.

" In solid insulating materials the speed is generally much slower ( than c);
for example, in distilled water (which is a good insulator) the waves travel
only one-ninth as fast as they do in space, In good conductors such as metals
the speed is so low that the opposing fields set up by the currents induced in
the conductor by the wave itself occupy practicaly the same space as the
original wave, and thus almost cancel it out. This is the reason for the skin
effect in conductors at high frequencies.."

[Robert B] So you are including x-rays and gamma rays in EMR. I was considering
only light, since that’s  what optical astronomy uses (and our eyes) to verify
experiments. My mistake again.  Double mea culpa.    Robert B.

I make no distinction in the mechanism of propagation of emr over the entire
spectrum from 1Hz. up. And yes, Optical astronomy uses sight, or light, which
can be seen to propagate through glass or any transparent material.

Needless to say, there is much to be said in favour of  Radio astronomy and
cosmic ray detection, but I am not biased..