[geocentrism] Re: Point a) - the ether

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 11:52:18 +1000

Me in green.   - Regner

Sungenis@xxxxxxx wrote:

Regner,

The issues about Cahill's ether that you brought up for discussion have been forwarded to Dr. Bennett for his comments, since he deals with Cahill in his part of the book.

I am looking forward to his response.

As for your comments in red below, I have responded with my own comments in blue.

Robert Sungenis

_______________

R. Sungenis: Not necessarily. It may also mean that the equipment is not perfect, and the lab environment is not perfect. All experiments worth their salt take these contingencies into account, and that is why they make their conclusions based on averages. But regardless whether the fringes were big or small or somewhere in between, the fact remains that an ether drift was detected, as was the case in all the other interferometer experiments, including Sagnac’s in 1913 that measured ether drift with respect to rotation instead of revolution, an experiment that Einstein failed to mention in any of his literature.

Sorry, but your proclamation of 'facts' is a bit premature.

RS2: If you think they are premature, then show us any qualified study that did not find at least some resistance to the velocity of light in an interferometer. As such, you can call the resistance anything you wish. I call it ether, because I don't believe *nothingness* impedes the speed of light, just like I don't believe that nothingness can shorten the length of the interferometer arm. Of the two, I think that a motionless Earth against a rotating universe is a better explanation for the slight fringe shifting than saying matter shrinks,

The "matter shrinks" part, is exactly my objection to Cahill's theory...

time dilates and mass increases. Call me pigheaded if you wish, but I think Occam is on my side, not yours.

That you proclaim as a fact, that "an ether drift was detected", precludes any further discussion of
the subject. I have seen nothing so far, to convince me of that "fact" and yet I have not declared
it wrong - I'm leaving open both possibilities. I am going to investigate yours and
Dr. Bennett's
claim that Miller carried out temperature insensitive experiments - and I will reserve judgment till
then. I believe that to be the open-minded approach.

R. Trampedach: 1) means that the effect cannot be due to an orbit around the Sun w.r.t. an aether.
R. Sungenis: We agree, since we don’t believe the earth orbits the sun, and therefore we don’t accept Miller’s triangulation based on that unproven hypothesis.

I sure hope you don't consider that statement 'scientific reasoning'.

RS2: It is a scientific fact that if you believe in heliocentrism, then one of the ways you can determine the direction and speed of the sun is by triangulating against the earth's motion around the sun. That's what Miller stated as a scientific fact. But the other scientific fact that he forgot to mention was that he was assuming as a scientific fact that the earth revolved around the sun, but without scientific proof. Hence, it is thus a scientific fact that he cannot determine the speed and direction of the sun toward Draco by triangulating it against the earth, at least not to the discrediting of the other plausible alternative, namely, that the earth doesn't move and therefore triangulation is not applicable in all cases.
I apologize for that one. I misunderstood the triangulation procedure.
Your statement is reasonable, but has it's own problems that I'll come back to when we
have cleared up the Cahill theory.

R. Trampedach: 1, 3 and 4)  makes it very likely that the observed effect is due to temperature gradients in the lab-hut.

R. Sungenis: Again, if you were a disciple of Shankland you might believe so. That’s why we went through the sordid history between Miller and Shankland and Einstein to show why Shankland and Einstein had a vested interest in making conclusions regarding Miller’s previous temperature gradient problems rather than his corrected figures when the temperature gradient factor was removed.

Such remarks have no place in a serious discussion - please cut it out.

RS2: I guess you're right. The secret motivations of men who crave the limelight with Einstein's fame and fortune shouldn't be a part of this discussion. We should just stick with the scientific facts. That being the case, it is a fact that Shankland presented to Einstein only Miller's temperature-effected results, and ignored the ones in which Miller eliminated the temperature effects. If you would like to read up on this history, Regner, I'll be glad to foward the section from Galileo Was Wrong that covers it.

Thanks. Please ignore my inclusion of your name in my response to Philip's post.

      Regards,

          Regner Trampedach