[geocentrism] Re: Invitation

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 15:13:00 +0100

Dear Philip,
Please read the following very, very carefully and you will see that what I
have said is just the same as my other posting that you commented on. Much of
what you accuse me of is what I accuse evolutionists of. There is no
contradiction in this and I explain it below.

The whole point of my posting, in a nutshell, is that my belief in a creator
God (an un-caused first cause) is exactly that - a belief. It is not irrational
to believe that there was a creator. Those who do not believe in this must
believe that order happened without any cause, undirected and from nothing and
they too have to stick a 'rational' label on it - they have no choice. But from
their humanistic, materialist world view, it doesn't stack-up without they
first admit it is their belief. I have no problem with evolutionists if they
admit that theirs is a belief system. If they want to wear the mantle of
scientists, they must put their science where their mouths are.

It is OK for me to say 'God did it' because that is my belief. But they cannot
appeal to 'belief' so they must what????????
Regarding witnessing to non-Christians, my tactic is to show them the absurdity
of evolution and get them to admit that something must have caused, designed,
created it etc.