[geocentrism] Re: Geostationary satellite myth

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 08:28:48 +1000

Philip - Are you serious about these things having a power output of a kW ?

Neville.
Just guessing Neville, as I was only giving you an example.,  They would surely
be radiating much or many more times what one would expect from reflected light
which is all the telescope would have to focus on.
I will get the real power roday.. I was vaguely referring to the output of
Australias own Aussat Network. Also power radiated by an antenna is a numerical
multiple of the actual power in. " directivity gain. "  Think of a 5 watt
flashlight bulb without a reflector, compared with a reflector. A 5 watt bulb
could give a beam equivalent of say 50 watts.

So I will need to check the actual transmitter figures.